June 09, 2018

Masculine Congratulations

Hubby always has me make cards for him for his co-workers. I really don’t mind because it’s the least I can do since a huge portion of our disposable income goes to my crafting! And the timing was perfect because our theme at Crazy 4 Challenges is masculine cards.

c4c 18 masc congrats

He needed a congrats card for someone he knows who is leaving for a job elsewhere. I always ask him about the person so I know what direction to take when designing the card. This guy likes the outdoors but that was all I got. Men aren’t the best at noticing the type of things about a person that lead to designing a card that suits them. :)

Fortunately, I have a searchable iPhone program that I’ve set up with a ‘masculine’ category so finding some outdoorsy male paper wasn’t too hard. The paper is from a great masculine pad by Kaisercraft. The small ‘quality’ panel and the congratulations are from the back of the same pad! I love how Kaisercraft has so many fun pieces in the back. The tree was die cut and sponged to add a bit more of the outdoors and I found some self-adhesive metal pieces that look like brads but had no prongs. They were the perfect colour, aged copper, for this card. The top of the card is made from kraft paper I embossed with a PTI texture plate. To add a bit more texture to the patterned paper, I stamped some vintage style stamping.

Do you struggle with masculine cards? Maybe you can find some inspiration over at our blog! Pop on by and leave a comment for our team. Then make a card and link it up!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: