October 07, 2016

For the Love of Patterned Paper! Flourishes Blog Hop

This week we have another blog hop showcasing stamps from the new Flourishes! Our Challenge this week was to use patterned paper. Flourishes is carrying some lovely Authentique paper right now, you’ll love it!

seasonal sympathy
When I colour, I usually try for some nice bright or pastel colours with lots of contrast. Today, I was trying to mimic the patterned paper colours in the Authentique paper pad Grateful so I went with a muted, almost all neutrals palette. I used Copic markers to colour the image. It’s very hard to tell but I did use two different greens for the different types of greenery. I used BG 90s for the sprigs with the berries that just out the sides and YG 67s for the rest with some R89 added to the greens in the back to add more depth. Did you know that you can add shading to your images using a colour on the opposite side of the colour wheel?

I hope you like this Harp image by Flourishes l.c. It’s quite a large stamp so it would be easy to make a card with this very detailed image just by stamping it in a single colour of ink then adding a sentiment and maybe some ribbon or twine. Be sure to hop along with us today.

Flourishes Blog 
Barb Thompson
Beverly Cole
Linda Lucas
Naomi Gong
Tricia Traxler

Enjoy, Rebecca

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Rebecca, this is so BEAUTIFUL! I love your colouring and this image is PERFECT for a sympathy card!

Cindy said...

Lovely card!

Joan V said...

Lovely card. Oh, this makes a great sympathy card, with the items in the image. Thanks for sharing.

Parker said...

Your patterned paper looks great as a border. Nice choice.