July 22, 2016

Puppy Congrats

My mom recently got a new puppy so I wanted to send her a congrats card.

puppy congrats

I’ve saved (read: hoarded!!) this Max and Ruby paper by Basic Grey for a long time because it’s so perfect for this type of card. I’ve also done pet sympathy cards with this pad. The card is obviously very basic but I did add a layered sentiment to the card for some interest and height. I used turquoise card stock (SU!) for the top and then cut more layers using black cardstock (PTI). This helped the sentiment to stand out from the background.

Personally, I love all animals. I’ve always had the animals that won’t socialize or cooperate come to me. Like the horse that doesn’t want to be caught from the field or the dog that won’t anyone pet him. Right now I have a huge, rescued brown and white tabby we call Jesse. We walked in asking for a cat that acted like a dog and he sure is! If you know cats, you know that when they lower their stamdards to come and sit on your lap, the slightest shift in position or sneeze will send them running. Not Jesse! He loves to cuddle and even lets you move him around without getting grumpy. He’s special and fabulous. He’s getting a bit old now I think thought we don’t know his age. I hope he’s with us for a long while still.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: