March 28, 2013

Girl on a Summer Day Water Coloured Card

I made this card for my sister to give to her flower girl as a thank you. I used a sketch but as usual, I missed the deadline to enter. Dang it.

girl summer day card

Isn’t this just the girliest card ever? I’m sure the young lady in question will love it! At least I sure hope so! It’s pretty simple so not much to tell. The flags are hand cut from double layered washi tape. The focal image is stamped on water colour paper and coloured with Distress markers. The dress is worn lipstick, much brighter IRL, more like the colour of the background and even closer to the scalloped border. No idea why it isn’t showing up brighter. Huh? I have to remember to add my WMS ‘do not discard, please recycle’ on the back. If she doesn’t want this card anymore, I at least want the buttons back! I used my favourites!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
SU!, thank you- Flourishes seaside life
Paper: watercolour paper-stash, DP-Girl’s Paperie, pink CS-PTI
Ink: Memento black, worn lipstick Distress, chocolate-PTI
Accessories: rhinestones-Dollarama, buttons-SU!, PTI, washi-MME, twine-Divine Twine, Distress Markers, Circle Nestabilties

1 comment:

Annheidel said...

So sweet! I love this old SU set and your card is wonderful.