July 24, 2012

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge–Pretty Posies

PTI blog hop logo

I had such fun slowing down to make this card. I was so rushed during the Saturday’s Stamp-a-Faire though it was very fun. I took my time and just when I thought I was done, I added something else and I am THRILLED with it!

PTI July blog hop

The challenge was to use the colours shown below in the inspiration photo. I only had the green and coral colours so I had to hunt to find this yellow paper that fortunately had both yellows in it! YEAH! I tried to use the rule of threes on this but I don’t have three yellows. I debated adding a yellow button somewhere but decided against it because I couldn’t becide where to put it. Maybe in the white space to the left of the sentiments? Hmm… I’d love to hear your thoughts on the issue!

PTI July blog hop closeup

I did make a small mistake; I am fairly new to PTI card stock. I grabbed a scrap of green for the leaves and the panel under the lace. When I put away the rest of the scrap and one other, I realized they were different, the one I used was darker. Ooops! I had used Ripe Avocado instead of chartreuse. Bummer! Too late to change it now.

SFYTTjul2012sketch1

I also used this month’s SFYTT on this card but I basically cut off the bottom so it would be a landscape design instead of portrait. Interesting how some sketches are thrown off my altering them but others are still awesome!

PTI July 12 colour challenge

If you enjoyed this card, I hope you will visit again. I have subscription thingies on my sidebar. Have fun on the rest of the blog hop!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Out on a Limb Sentiments
Ink: chocolate chip, coral-SU!, Antique Linen Distress ink, Cloud White ColorBox ink
Paper: DP-My Minds’s Eye, kraft, melon berry, rustic white, berry sorbet, ripe avocado CS-PTI, doilies-Wilton
Accessories: Rose Creations, oval dies-Spellbinders, card edger die-PTI, lace-Fabricland, white flowers-stash, rhinestones-TE tiny twinkles, pearls-Recollections, Hug Snug Seam Binding Ribbon, mini scalloped edge punch-EK Success, foam dots-Jody Morrow

15 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I don't think it needs a thing Rebecca! I like the rule of three, but I also don't think we need to be tied to it all the time~ just my thought. Love your card! It's so pretty and the way you stamped the two sentiments is just delightful and perfect! Beautiful card!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Rebecca.

karen h said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I love the vintage feel and soft edges.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love those flowers and the different colors used on the sentiment. I didn't even notice the different colored leaves!

Jacquie Southas said...

so many details on this card - everything aobut it is lovely!

amber said...

gorgeous card -- love the lace and the pearl accents...completely my style!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love your card and I'd leave it w/o the button. I love the vintage feel too!

Anonymous said...

Oh such romance. I love this card.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love all the pretty details!

victoria h said...

Beautiful card. The rule of 3 drove me crazy! Your card is perfect the way it is.

nancy said...

This is a lovely card. Those flowers are gorgeous.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful, love how you used this sketch

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is a beautiful card and I love the flowers...your pearl and lace border looks amazing!

rafirestorm said...

Great projects and great blog!