September 16, 2010

Winnie the Pooh Matchbox

Another Swap-Bot swap called Itty Bitty Critter Adoption. We had to find a little animal of some kind, small enough to fit in a matchbox. Then design the outside of the matchbox as a habitat, add food and travel items to accompany them through the mail and create an Adoption Certificate. This was totally the most fun craft project I’ve done in a long time!

pooh matchbox

I found a Winnie the Pooh at the haircutting place where I take the kids, in one of those candy dispenser type things. Perfect size for a matchbox.  I hand drew the stump as part of the matchbox sleeve. The hole is backed by black card stock. However, when you pull on the ‘grass’…

pooh matchbox open

…the hole opens! This mechanism is independent of the  matchbox drawer which still pulls out like normal! Best part, you can’t pull the ‘grass’ out too far as I pout a stop on that layer of CS! If anyone is interested, I did take a photo of the mechanism before I put it together so I can post that if you’d like.

Inside you can see Pooh and his books. I know a bear with very little brain can’t read but his new owner can read to him. Titles include “Practical Bee Keeping”, “Huffalumps: Fact or Fiction” and one other I unfortunately can’t remember anymore and measure about 3/4” square and have actual pages. The mushrooms are cut from Cosmo Cricket Earth Love DP I hand cut the flower stem/leaves and the grass clumps. The trunk was stamped with PTI wood grain stamps and I hand drew the tree rings at the cut edge.

pooh matchbox drawer

I did a bit of research in the Pooh books we have and found a Pooh-Koo clock so I made him one. It is only about 1/2” x 5/8” x1”. I also included a blanket and a hand drawn honey pot.

 

Below is a view of the matchbox with the ‘grass’ pulled out, on it’s side. The rest of the matchbox sleeve is stamped too.

pooh matchbox side


I am so sorry that I haven’t posted in so long. I have just totally gotten out of the groove of blogging. I have tons to show you, I just don’t seem to get around to actually showing you. Now that the end of summer and ‘get everything done we didn’t get to before’ and the beginning of school are over, I should get back into more of a routine. I thank all of you who have stuck with me, and especially those who subscribe for sticking with me and not unsubbing.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
woodgrain-PTI, pull-CDS
Paper: all CS-SU!, DP-Cosmo Cricket
Ink: cocoa, chocolate
Accessories: skinny satin ribbon, silk flower-Michaels, silver cord-SU!, Sweet pea Flower soft (I picked out only the green bits), Copic Multiliner, chocolate and cocoa markers-SU!, celery, homemade glimmer mist with water and gold Perfect Pearls

2 comments:

Michelle said...

OMg this is too darn cute! I love it.

Ingrid said...

Amazing. I remember reading this swap and wondering. I would never of come up with something so cool.