January 07, 2012

Snowman Gift Card Holder

Scroll down to see a photo of my NEW BABY!!

Even though I haven’t been posting here, I have been crafting still. Just too tired and/or busy to blog-sorry! This was for a swap I hosted on Swap-Bot to make a winter themed Gift Card Holder (GCH). I thought that by making it winter themed, it would work for any holiday or celebration.

snowman GCH

It is a trifold holder that' I’ve used before and it has a curved part (under the snowman) that can tuck into a slit cut in the lower half but I chose to omit the slit this time and use a Velcro coin to hold it closed. I can’t tell you how often I’ve made a gate fold card or a holder like this and I inevitably forget and add adhesive to the area that shouldn’t have any! Yeesh!

The snowman is stamped in three parts, one for each ball but the lower one also has the snowflakes included. I really think they should have included a large ball without the snowflakes so they could be stamped in different colours. So I stamped it in baja then traced the large ball with a black marker to match the other balls. They were stamped separately rather than masking where they overlap and adhered together. The hat was done separately too. I used Stickles in white and blue to accent the snowflakes both on the base of the snowman and on the blue base and the hat band.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Close to My Heart
Ink: baja breeze-SU!, Memento black, silver pigment ink
Paper: NQN, white CS-SU!,
Accessories: Stickles, Velcro-Walmart, Copics B11, 100 (black), C3,5,7, E39, YR16

No comments: