January 25, 2012

January PaperTrey Ink Blog Hop

I love this blog hop but haven’t participated in a while. It’s so hard to create something in time with only one day notice! (Unless the topic is posted in advance somewhere I am not aware of, please let me know if it is.) So I often miss out. But this time, I already made a card that qualifies that I hadn’t posted yet, NO WAY! Oh yeah, WAY!
 

button btq easel card
The challenge was to find your favourite card from 2011 that features PTI products, then to CASE yourself using that card as inspiration. I absolutely love Button Boutique and had a blast playing with it when I first got it. The original post is HERE.You can see the other button cards I made that day HERE.

pti mojo button card
I actually made this for last week’s Mojo Monday sketch but as is typical with me, I forgot to post it in time to link it up. I drive myself crazy doing that! And I remembered only 40 minutes late. Sad smileBut now that I see it will work perfectly for this month’s blog hop, I am not so disappointed in myself. Smile

pti mojo button card bow macro

I really had fun making this stick pin. I decided to go very sewing themed with it once I found that the charm I picked would go on the pin when I bent the charm ring back. I was going to bend it back all the way flat against the back but when I got it half way, I got the brilliant inspiration to slide it on a corsage pin. A mini thread spool quickly followed as it was sitting in the same bellie container as the charm. I store my bellies by theme if it has a theme and by type, eg: brads, buttons etc if it doesn’t. Some things are subdivided by colour as well if I have too many for one container.

pti mojo button card button macro
This is a close-up of the button card. I used a broken vintage MOP (Mother of pearl) button and the others are from PTI. The brown one looked too new and perfect so I scuffed it up with a nail file. I really like these colours together, cocoa, chocolate and baja by SU! (I apologize for the weird colour cast to these photos, I tried to adjust the colour but I am not using software with an auto white balance adjustment so I could only go more blue or more pink,  this was the closest to neutral I could get. I actually do better photographing at night as usual!)

button btq easel card closeup

Here’s a close-up of the original card’s button card. I think this is baja again, LOL! I wanted each button to look different so I either threaded differently or placed them at different angles. But I really embellished the plain white button with embroidery thread making it look like a little flower! Awww, so cute right? The pink part is a French knot, easy to learn to do; I’m sure there are zillions of instructions on the web or on YouTube if you’d like to try this. A small detail but card making is all in the details right?

If you enjoyed this project, please visit again or subscribe. I have RSS and email sub widgets on my sidebar. I don’t always post regularly as I have a 1 month old so bear with me!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE (see original card link for those supplies)
Stamps: Button Boutique-PTI
Ink: cocoa, chocolate, baja-SU!, Distress Antique Linen, Vintage photo, Antique Linen Distress Stain
Paper: chocolate, vanilla CS-SU!, DP-MME,
Accessories: button card die, buttons-PTI, damask ribbon-Wal-Mart, thread spool, corsage pin-Michaels, charm-stash, Silk ribbon-May Arts, Copic BG72,75, Bow-Easy, lingerie ruffle-stash of bra making supplies I sell, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Zots dimensional clear glue dots, EK Success mini scalloped punch, WRMK distresser

16 comments:

Queen Mary said...

Love the stick pin idea!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love both cards. So vintage and that cut sewing machine accent is awesome.

Janet said...

These are gorgeous! My favorite is the first one.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

SOoo pretty! Both are delightful. Love the sewing theme and the soft quality.

Marge said...

Rebecca -- your re-posted card is FABULOUS -- LOVE it as much as your first! Don't think the time factor hurt you at ALL!
The new monthly Blog Hop topic is always posted on the PTI Store on the 15th with the new monthly products. That way you have 10 days' notice to prepare -- hope this helps! I always copy the requirements and email myself for quick reference, leaving it in my Inbox to remind myself. Lately too, I set an alarm on my smart phone to remind myself so I don't miss important events -- gotta employ these available tools to keep up in this busy world (and my failing memory has NOTHING to do with my advanced age) -- LOL!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the stick pin. So fun!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, these are both so pretty! One of my favorite sets! Love the pretty embellishments. :o)

Kristen :-) said...

Absolutely Fab! I have the button stamps and I struggle with how to use them - but you nailed it! Love the cute pin as well!

The Paper Parade said...

Wow! Both cards have so much detail, and they're beautiful...I especially love that cute little sewing machine charm :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I LOVE both your cards! I have Button Boutique but do not use it like you do. Just love the layout of your cards and the colors. The sewing machine charm is perfect as is the tiny spool.

Lisa Elton said...

What lovely and well thought out details you've added to these pretty cards. Your tiny sewing machine charm is DARLING!

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful cards. I love button boutique. It is hard to remember the blog hop day, but you did a great job on short notice. For my first several months as a PTI customer, I was amazed that so many people had time to create a project all in one day. Then, I learned that the blog hop topic is posted with the new goodies on the 15th. Now, it's much easier!

Chunyuan said...

both care gorgeous.

Marybeth said...

Love both of these card with the button die, love that die . I think that stick pen is the cutest ever! Love all the sewing ideas!

victoria h said...

Love the vintage look and yummy buttons.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful remake of a beautiful card!