January 25, 2012

Mojo and Make It Monday Challenge Card

THIS A SPOILER ALERT! REBECCA, DO NOT READ THIS POST!

I am going to type everything at the top of this post so my BFF Rebecca (yeah, same name, I know!) doesn’t see it before she closes this page.

This card uses the Mojo sketch for this week and also meets the requirements for this week’s PTI Make It Monday to make a shaker card using dies. I hadn’t thought to use dies before and I really had a fun time with it. I think this also qualifies for the JustRite colour challenge if I still have time to enter. ETA Darn, missed it, again!!!

I used Labels 1 Nesties for the outer frame and PTI’s heart die for the inside. I had a sheet of foam dimensional material that I cut instead of fun foam. The acetate sheet comes from stamp packaging. Way to recycle right?

Mojo225Sketch

Hopefully this is down far enough on the page that she won’t see it!

teddy bear mojo225 sfytt

Isn’t that ice cream paper the cutest?? I made the heart button with another PTI heart die. The little words inside the shaker box are from Mega Mixed Messages and I hand cut them. Also in the box is clear micro beads and some glitter, a mix of white and gold I think, I bought it like that. The bear is paper pieced and shaded with Copic markers. Actually, I though the paper needed muting so I coloured the whole image with E71.

My girlfriends threw me the best Teddy Bear themed baby shower in honour of my new baby, Theodore, Teddy for short. I love it! Rebecca even bought honey bears for everyone and HANDCUT 30 or 40 bear shaped tags! WOW! So the shaker words say ‘wish’, ‘friend’, ‘merci’ and ‘thanks’. I took a photo of how I layered the shaker box so if you’d like to see, just let me know.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
flourish under shaker box and Mon Amie-SU!, bear-TE, mini words-PTI
Ink: Chocolate, ivory-SU!, memento black, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress
Paper: dark brown-stash, probably Bazzil, kraft-SU!, DP-MME
Accessories: heart dies, square pinked die, button-PTI, black liquid enamel-Ranger, foam dots and dimensionals sheet- Jody Morrow, Nesties labels 1, silk ribbon-May Arts, lace-vintage, EK Success Mini scalloped punch, MS micro beads, Art Institute Glitter, Copic E71,74,77

5 comments:

Kara said...

how sweet!!

Suzanne Russell said...

How clever of you to add sentiments to the shaker! Love it!

Emily Leiphart said...

This card is so sweet, Rebecca! Thanks so much for stopping by during the Stamp It! 3 Ways Blog Hop!

Neusinha said...

Beautiful. Eu gosto muito de marrom, você usou ele com suas variações muito bem. PARABÉNS!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a cute card and shaker.