January 24, 2012

Hero Arts Thinking of You Card

I bought one of the new Hero Arts sets that includes stamps and matching dies. The dies are unique in that they cut right at the very inner edge so no guessing where it is going to cut like dies with the cutting edge in the middle. Of course, then there is no way to stencil or emboss so it’s a trade off.

ha think you levy
I sincerely apologize for the icky colour cast. I have come to realize that photographing my cards in the daytime in my light box is never going to work. The lights I use have a very yellow cast and the light in my room is daylight so quite blue. The mix seems to confuse my camera sensor in a very nasty way. I don’t have software that will auto correct and the manual adjustments I made didn’t help much. I’d take another photo but I already gave the card away. Sigh… I hope you can use your imagination to get rid of the bluishness.

The authentic colours are celery, banana and apricot in the background, pretty in pink and regal rose for the flower and celery and olive for the leaves, all from SU! I used markers to colour the flower and then spritzed the stamp lightly with pearlized water I made from Perfect Pearls. Next time, I’ll use a bit more water as I wish it had blended a bit better. I was inspired by a card I found by Melissa Bickford posted Jan 14th on Just Dandy. Thanks Melissa!

This card says Thinking of You but I used it as a sympathy card. I stamped a sentiment from JustRite stamps inside. A dear friend lost a brother and sister within the space of a month. Sadly, I didn’t know about the brother so the card only says sister inside but they get the idea.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Hero Arts-Floral set and dot stamp from some other HA set
Ink: celery, rose, banana, apricot, olive, pink-SU!
Paper: doily-Wilton, white, banana, celery CS-SU!
Accessories: Ribbon-May Arts, dies-HA

1 comment:

Cassie said...

very pretty! have you tried this trick? it used to help me. manually set your white balance --- if you have your box set up, then just go to that spot and fill your viewfinder with white. It will register that as the white it's photographing instead of what it thinks white should be. Perhaps that would help....not sure as I really only know just little snippets...but I always liked how my photos turned out when I remembered to do this.