January 01, 2009

So Sketchy French Postale

Can you believe it is 2009 already? Insane.  {{CUE MUSIC}}  525,600 minutes. How do you measure year in the life? (From 'Seasons of Love', play/movie Rent) I measure it with the ages of my children as do many other moms.  My baby will be 2 this year but not til May and I am in no hurry. The other one will be 8 in a month and a few days. EEEK! When did that happen? He is already asking {AHEM} grown up questions IYKWIM! Anyhoo...

This is the third and final card made with a So Sketchy Sketch at least for now. The DT requirements were 3 cards from their sketches and three others from your archives. I had fun making this card. It is an unusual style for me but instead of being hard it actually flowed! ****AMAZING****  Could it possibly be that I am growing as an artist? Way Cool!!
french postale I cut the damask floral paper first intending to use the other side. Then I realized I had cut it out so the flowers on it were sideways. What a ding-dong! {{{GRRRR}}} I hadn't even seriously considered the other side because I forgot it was double-sided and since I DETEST wasting paper and in fact liked it better, I flipped it. I didn't mind that these were sideways. At first I glued it on with the floral emblems at the bottom. Didn't like it that way considering the sketch I was using so I flipped it over. Did you notice the part where I said I had already glued it?? Honestly, if my head wasn't attached... so yes, that does mean that my card currently opens on the left. Maybe I'll give it to my BFF whose husband is Chinese (yes, it is girlie but he is an artist so he understands this stuff). Maybe he will appreciate it! Thank goodness I take photos of my cards closed!!

The paper is actually part of a postcard collection so that got me thinking about using the postmark stamps. I stamped the large stamp a second time on a scrap and cut out and foam dotted the circular portion. The little flowers were on my desk from another idea I was working on but decided against and they gently called my name just before I stuck down the circle. Normally I think of these things later and have to tear things up and re-stick them!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper: Bazzill CS lagoon, Making Memories PP, vanilla CS - SU!
Stamps: large postmark - ?Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, small postmark - ?SU!, Carte Postale
Ink: night of navy (distressing) and riding hod red - SU!, Adirondack black
Accessories: beige loopy ribbon and pearl - SU!, ivory ribbon - Masterstroke, flowers - Prima, foam dots, glue dots, Quickutz tag die

5 comments:

Kimmie said...

This is fabulous - I love the idea of using a postcard. I might have to try it out sometime sooN!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Rebecca this is SO beautiful! Wow! I really love it and like the touch of red w/ the muted colors. GOrgeous!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

this is a really cool card!