January 19, 2009

Jameson's Teddy Bear Box - Twinkling Tuesday Challenge

When I get time to actually do some paper crafting lately, I try to get in more than one challenge at once! I started with Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch. Then I decided on the SCS Colour Combination challenge CC201 - Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy and Kraft. Good boyish/manly colours. Lastly, I decided to go with the mini pizza box TLC 189 from a few weeks back, they are TOOO cute!! My little guy is always asking me to make something for him. ALWAYS after I have started another project teddy box1 so I have to say no. I figured it is his turn and since he is at a sleep over tonight, he wasn't here to peek while I was making it. He is going to love it. He will be 8 in a couple of weeks but he isn't too old for stuffed animals quite yet. He really is a great kid, he is happy to 'play' with anyone, ages 0-teddy box2 99; even if they don't realize they are playing with him. I remember we were in a store one day and he couldn't understand why the clerk wasn't trying to 'seek' him while he hid in a clothing rack!

clip_image002Try Madelynn's sketch! Be sure to play along with the Twinkle Team by uploading your card to SCS or PCP with the keyword MTTSC6. If you add a card to your blog, leave a comment with the link at The Whimsical Butterfly. Check out the Twinkle Team's work, links on the sidebar. <-----

I stamped the bear in Stazon brown on cocoa CS. I cut him out without his jointed arm and leg and cut them out separately so I could 'joint' them with brads so they move. The bear is popped up with foam dots, the balloon with two layers of foam dots. The balloon string is made from a hand cut strip of CS. It was nice to have black ones so they are less obvious. The bear is shaded with a caramel marker, his nose and inner ears have a touch of ruby red on them. I also enhanced the edges by going over the 'fur' lines with chocolate chip marker. My son's name, Jameson, is stamped on the front and sides with a retro alphabet. The bears eyes and the balloon each have a tiny highlight of white gel pen.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Favourite Teddy Bear
Paper: kraft, baja breeze and not quite navy CS
Ink: Stazon brown, not quite navy
Accessories: Jumbo eyelets - We Are Memory Keepers, retro alphabet-MSE, white gel pen, brads - CTMH, foam dots-Jody Morrow, 1/16" hole punch. All products by SU! unless otherwise noted.

8 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What a sweet little box...I love the adorable bear image and the big eyelets!!! Your DS is going to love it!!! My DGS will be 8 tomorrow...that is such a wonderful age...he still likes to hug his old Grandma!!!!!

Cassie said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS! This is precious Rebecca!! I love that bear and with his balloon! Bet your son loved it!!

Janna said...

Rebecca this is so cute and fun!! I love that you made a 3D project with the sketch and the baloons in the background are perfect!! I love everything about this!

Smiles,
Janna

Sandra MacLean said...

Awww! I think your boy is going to love this! He sounds like such a sweetie too. I love the pop of red and the brads for the bear's hips. Great project Rebecca!

jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a great combination of challenges!! Love that little bear, and how much dimension you gave him!
hugs, Jami

the whimsical butterfly said...

HI this is Madelynn. Your little box is SO cute! I like the teddy bear and the big round circles on the corners. Thank you for playing my sketch :)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Such a cute idea Rebecca! Your box turned out really cute! I bet your son just adores it! Have a great week!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Cute box, what a great idea!