January 26, 2009

Naughty Underwear for Twinkling Tuesday

What was I thinking doing a black and red card with silver bra and undies using a sketch by an 8 year old????? OOOOPS! Oh well, it's done now! I had my girlfriend Janet over to crop; after I choose the undies stamps I asked her, "good girl undies or naughty ones?" Guess which she picked! So you see it is her fault... they could have been white with a flower print or cutie pie little pastel stripes! {{{GIGGLE!!!}}} And the undies really aren't that naughty, are they? Silver with black isn't too racy, I mean it isn't a thong or... I should stop there,  8 year old Maddie reads this! Then again, they make thongs and 'adult' underwear for little girls these days! My kid wouldn't be caught dead in a thong {{Yes, I know I have boys, I mean if I had a girl...I'll shut up now!}}.

naughty underwear In case you haven't been following Twinkling Tuesdays, Maddie, DD of Jessica of The Whimsical Butterfly, designs a sketch for the Twinkle Team each week. Clever monkey! Want to try out this sketch? Go for it and upload to PCP or SCS with keyword MTTSC7 so we can find your card or put it on your blog and link to The Whimsical Butterfly so Maddie and Jessica can see your creation. While you are on the computer, check out the cards by the other team members. Links on sidebar <------ This is also for LSC204, Paint it Black on SCS. The challenge was to use black as a card base so you have a clip_image002very bold, black expanse. A lot of the cards did not follow the latter part of the challenge; kinda loses the point if all you have left is basically a black mat. I am not a huge rule follower though (more like a rule stretcher) and I have no problem with others entering their cards anyway, just an observation. I can understand why they did that though; it was quite a challenge for me too because I do not naturally gravitate toward black, especially so much of it. (If Janet had chosen 'good girl' undies, the black wouldn't have worked so I guess I am glad she chose how she did!)

This was a fun card to make. I saw all those layers and decided to cut windows instead of adding more mat layers. I would have added the photo corners but there was no room. The windows are cut with Nesties and my Cuttlebug, super easy. In case you didn't notice, I silver edged the right and left sides of the card; it is hard to see. The red layer is adhered flat to the black card base, the 'windowed' black layer is popped up and so are the bra and undies! I actually made myself a bra like this once, silver with black trim. Yes, I am Sew Fine Bras listed in my GO-TO sites list. Yes, they are 'real' bras with hooks and eyes, strap adjusters, cups, wire, the whole nine yards. I sell patterns and kits so if you know how to sew, drop me a line. (PS The bras do not have to be wired!)

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Underwear and sentiment-UK (recognize them? let me know!)
Paper: black, red and brushed silver CS-SU!
Ink: Stazon black
Accessories: Nestabilities, foam dots-Jody Morrow, silver paint pen (have to check!)

8 comments:

Kimmie said...

I LOVE the cut windows on this. I think that's such an awesome idea! I'll have mine up after noon today.

Sandra MacLean said...

You had me cracking up laughing Rebecca!! I'm dying to read Madelynn's comments on your card! :D Great take on the challenge this week Rebecca! :D

Janna said...

Rebbecca this is really stunning! It has such a presence and I think it is no problemo at all to use a bra and undies for this sketch! Great job!

Smiles,
janna

Bonnie said...

Cute and naughtie! The colours are perfect for these stamps!

Christi Flores said...

OMG I am rollin'!! LOL Naughty underwear for an 8 year olds sketch! LOL Too funny!! This is awesome though! I love the colors and how you did the cut out windows!

Cassie said...

you had my laughing girl!! love the card and i don't think it's too racy!
i agree on the limited supplies challenge too - so i love that you let the black shine!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOL! I did read your blog but I just had Madelynn quick look at your card :) She said it was very cute and giggled at the thought that they actually MAKE bra and panty stamps LOL!!! These are perfect for you business, no? Don't you have a bra business? You could totally make these and give them to clients...that would be "Sew" cute!!! :)

Danni said...

I thought I had left a comment, guess I meant to come back and forgot--so sorry!
Your card is awesome! So fun!! great job!