January 13, 2009

Sleeping Baby Card and Blog Candy

Isn't she sweet? I've always loved sleeping babies! Not because I am one of those people who prefers them that way either! I love babies anyway they come, even crying - within reason! Sleeping babies remind me of all the fabulous times I have spent and still spend with my babies sleeping on me. I barely put my babies down, spoiled? Oh well.   :)sleeping babyI stamped her in SU! chocolate chip; because it isn't totally Copic proof I was careful when I approached the stamped lines. Notice I have some new paper? This is from the Basic Grey Two Scoops paper pack. I got so many new goodies including the little Kaiser pearls, the Basic Grey buttons, the Martha Stewart scalloped punch and so many more you will see in the next few posts!

The flowers are both from Scrapbook Sally, I coloured the larger one from the same colour as the smaller one to dark brown with a Copic marker, love those!!! I am going to the Copic marker class March 24th with Marianne from I Love Markers. I can't wait to get better with these! I used her tutorial on using the brush tip to ink the pattern on the the diaper cover. It is hard to see but it looks like little rosettes. I used Melanie's post from Head, Hands and Heart about drawing koala fur to do the hair! I LOVE blurfing! (Blog surfing) The Sketch is Mojo Monday #68.

BE SURE TO ENTER FOR MY BLOG CANDY HERE!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
SU!
Ink: Close to cocoa (distressing), chocolate chip SU!
Paper: blush CS (card base) SU!, Basic Grey
Accessories: Kaiser pearls, punch Martha Stewart, foam dots Jody Morrow, flowers scrapbook sally, Basic Grey button, Copic markers, Tim Holtz felt tool

5 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Aww, what a cutie! You did a wonderful job!!! Love the pink paper!

Christi Flores said...

I love sleeping babies too! This is so sweet!!!

Danni said...

How precious!

Cassie said...

gorgeous! baby cards are my favorite kind to make! and i love this stamp!! it's just so precious and wonderful!

Kimmie said...

What a precious, precious card! Sleeping babies are so peaceful...