September 09, 2017

A Glittered Hello

It’s my second week hosting over at the Crazy 4 Challenge blog! This week I chose glitter as my challenge! You get bonus points for using more than one kind/colour or use it in more than one way!

c4c hello gold glitter shaker

I was inspired to make a shaker card using two Project Life cards and some little embellishments that came with the kit. The shaker was sewn shut with acetate on top using my sewing machine. I sewed it about 2/3 of the way shut then added the little chipboard pieces, sequins and glitter then finished sewing it closed. The chunky glitter unfortunately blocks the view of the goodies inside but I found with another shaker I made that the static dies down after a while. I’ve no idea why but that shaker looked amazing after the glitter settled. Even IRL it looks better than it does here.

c4c hello gold glitter shaker2

I also used glitter in another, more subtle way. If you look closely at the aqua heart, it has a glitter star inside it. I added some bits of doily under the smaller PL card and a tulle puffy bow over the whole card. At the very bottom is a stamp from a new set I bought recently. Heffy Doodle is a new company who recently sold their first stamps via Kickstarter! What a great idea! The little stamp seen below is just one of dozens of small stamps meant to accompany all the awesome shaker cards we’ve all been making lately! So smart. I have a set like this but it is tiny and not nearly as cute! I highly recommend you check them out.

c4c hello gold glitter shaker3

I hope you’ll pop over and play along with my challenge. If you hate glitter, use glitter embossing powder, a glittered embellishment or glitter paper. Jennifer McGuire had a great post earlier this week with some ideas to corral glitter. My own card was shedding quite a bit from between the stitches so I sealed the edges with some glossy accents. Just a tiny bead where the acetate met the paper. Ta Da! All better!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

Bev Gerard said...

I totally adore this card! Sewing the acetate down is just one of the cool things to love!