October 07, 2014

Chalkboard with Stamped Floral Wreath

I love trying new techniques and this one was introduced to me by Jennifer McGuire.

chalkboard watercolour flowers

On kraft cardstock, I stamped the floral wreath with white pigment ink. Then I stamped over the white images with dye ink. Then I combined that technique with another from Jennifer, to add another colour of ink over the original stamping, to accent each flower and leaf. After stamping the first time with coloured ink, you ink up your stamp with the accent (darker or brighter)colour then remove some ink with a cloth. In this case, I removed about half the ink leaving the center inked. Then stamp over your original stamping, carefully lining everything up. That leaves the centers a bit brighter/darker. Click to enlarge the photo as it’s hard to see.

I added the sentiment with black EP and carefully trimmed around it. I added a few little random dots to make the wreath look more filled in and added it to a simple card.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
SSS
Ink: versamark white ink, various hero arts and PTI inks
Paper: kraft CS-PTI, DP-MME (I think)
Accessories: pearls-Dollarama, foam dots-The Sticky Stuff Store, Divine Twine

No comments: