June 19, 2012

Mom and Dad’s Anniversary Card

My mom and dad celebrated their 40th Anniversary last week. WOW! That’s such a long time. This year is a big year, hubby’s parent’s 40th and our 15th too. I can’t believe its almost 15 years for us…

mom n dad 2012 annv (2)

The background is done with the ‘inked embossing folder’ technique. Basically, you ink up your embossing folder and then emboss. I recommend you use dye ink or brayer on pigment ink as pigment ink pads are so soft that they will apply ink to the recessed areas as well. The main panel is a Marianne die and I hand cut the inside white CS by tracing the middle of the die.

I was inspired to make this card by a design on Andrea Walford’s blog. The sentiment is heat embossed in gold. I looped ribbon and tucked it under the roses. My mom really liked, hope you do too!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
unknown
Paper: white CS-Taylored Expressions, sweet blush CS-PTI
Ink: blush-SU!
Accessories: flowers-Prima and stash, Mariaane die, gold EP-SU!, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Cuttlebug embossing folder, pearl lace-stash, silk ribbon-May Arts

No comments: