June 07, 2012

Lila Grace Baby Card

Jennifer McGuire recently had a new baby girl! I don’t know her personally but I love her blog and I greatly admire her! And if this baby is even half as cute as her little guy Colin, she will be a beauty! And since I love making baby cards…

lila grace sweet card

I bought this die and stamp set but hadn’t had a change to play with it yet. So I had a fun time making this card. As you can see, I embossed, or rather debossed, each scoop of ice cream differently. Well, all except one. I used as many folders as I had with a small enough scale and appropriate pattern but had to repeat one. I hadn’t intended to go ROYGBV order so I didn’t pay attention to which two die cuts were embossed the same. Then I did go rainbow order after all. It wasn’t until I was showing my girlfriend the card that I realized the blue and purple scoops were embossed with the same pattern. Ugh, that didn’t look good. Sad smileSo I took a minute while she was here to remove the blue scoop (I have more of the blue paper than purple), recut it and re-emboss it. She looked at me rather indulgently as she thought it was fine as it was but nooo, it surely was NOT! LOL!

It’s all in the details right?

I hope you like it Jennifer. I don’t have your address but if you email me (link under my photo top left), I’ll mail it to you!

ETA: Bummer, the collection to link to the Lila Grace blog hop is closed.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
sentiment, heart background PTI, outline letters-SU!
Paper: white CS-Taylored Expressions, pink cardstock-PTI, scraps for scoops and cone-SU!, green scrap for leaf-PTI
Ink: memento black, pinks-SU!,
Accessories: Quickutz, Cuttlebug embossing folders, Copics R81,83,85, pink button-PTI, PTI ice cream die

No comments: