March 17, 2010

Scrappy Floral Card

I saw a card using this layout online somewhere – I can’t remember as usual – and I loved it so much I just had to try  my own version.

flowers collage
I’d never made one of these spiral flowers before. They certainly aren’t hard. To make them you just start with a circle and draw a spiral on it. Cut on the spiral. Then roll up the paper from the outside in. I recommend adhering the first roll but unlike my flower, keep the adhesive close to what will be the bottom so you don’t get a flat section I ended up with. The DP I used is the same as the one in the background.

The labels 1 shape is made with DP that is already striped. Just so you don’t think I did all that work myself!! GRIN!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
French script-SU!
Ink: Antique Linen
Paper: vanilla CS, riding hood red DP-SU!
Accessories: buttons-PTI, flower-Prima (I think), ribbon, scalloped punch-SU!, red-Cosmo Cricket, pink silk ribbon-May Arts, Zva Creative rhinestone, Nestabilities

2 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a pretty card!

Jessica said...

Super cute. The colors are amazing.

j3ss1ca (SB)