March 27, 2010

Anatomy of a Pear

I have always LOVED this stamp. Funny, I am not stuck on eating pears IRL but I LOVE artistic pears and have several stamps. This one hovers between a botanical drawing and a science lesson-so cool!

anatomy of a pear earthlove

I coloured this ages ago so I am sorry, I have no idea of the Copics I used but I was delighted to see that they match Earth Love DP perfectly!  And even better, the yellow matches SU! banana CS perfectly! I always have such a hard time matching CS to Cosmo Cricket papers since I mostly keep SU! CS on hand. Wasabi, an old In Colour matches well too. The brown strip above the ribbon is a strip of CS, I think it looks rather striking.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
Stampington I think
Ink: memento black, antique linen, scattered straw Distress Ink
Paper: Cosmo Cricket, banana, chocolate CS-SU!, White-Taylored Expressions
Accessories: flower-Prima, brad-Oriental Trading Company, pearl-Dollarama, Copics-image and pearl, leaf-stash, ribbon-stash, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Glimmer Mist-colour flower

6 comments:

Emma @ emmanemhandmade said...

wow that is such a cool stamp!

-emmanemhandmade

Lilofant Design said...

I wish I could learn doing this. I love creating stuff but I get too many ideas and so little time...

Charlotte said...

Wonderful card and I love that you list your supplies. Thank you!


SaraswatiChB for swapbot

Bubbles said...

swapbot:samash

I love that pear and weirdly I don't have any fruit stamps, will have to look in to getting some :). I love the colours you've used too, would look great for a harvest festival

Anonymous said...

I love the scientific feel of it. Made me smile!
-mariaisabel "comments on craft/design blog swap"

Jessica said...

What an awesome stamp. I just love the colors of this card.