March 10, 2010

Puppy Love Treat Cover for Whimsical Wednesdays

I decided to go for a 3-D project this week. I can’t wait to use it for the next friend who gets a new dog as a welcome home ‘card’. I love making cards but why not try something different now and then? I used an adorable image by our FABULOUS Sponsor this week, The Character Cafe, called Puppies and Kitten. Our inspiration for this week is…

DDSC26J

puppy love front 
I made my kitty grey too with green eyes though they are so small it is very hard to see them! This treat bag was so easy to make. Here are the overall measurements and scoring directions.

Start with a 4.25 x 11” piece of CS. Score at 3.5”, 4.5”, 5.5”, 9”. Fold the paper into a W with the remaining 2” folded down as the flap. You may want to cut it smaller, it depends on the width of the border punch you want to use and how much waste it creates.

puppy love back 
You could put a piece of acetate in the oval hole but as I will be adding doggie cookies inside a zip top bag, I didn’t think it would really add anything. The edges are all sponged with Distress ink which helps the border stand out also.

Here are my Copic marker colours:

puppy love copics
I sure hope you will all play this week! Any project is welcome! Be sure to use keyword DDSC26 when uploading to an online gallery. Come back to add your DIRECT LINK to Mr Linky so we can all see your work and leave you comments. I can’t wait to see what you do with this week’s inspiration! Don’t forget, there is a $10 GC from The Character Cafe for one participant this month!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
digi stamp-TCC, puppy love-See D’s
Ink: Antique Linen, Fired Brick Distress inks
Paper: vanilla, chocolate CS-SU!, white CS-Taylored Expressions, paw print paper-stash
Accessories: Labels 4 Nestabilities, large oval Nestabilities, Copic markers, Martha Stewart cornice punch, bone punch-unknown, clear EP-SU!, foam dots-Jody Morrow

2 comments:

Glenda said...

very cool, love glendas sb

Glenda said...

very cute indeed, love glendas sb