March 27, 2010

ATCs for Swap-Bot

ETA: Sorry, this post was supposed to be published on Thursday but I have now encountered the problems that have annoyed every other Blogger user I’ve ever met!

I recently joined a new swap site-Swap-Bot, I didn’t even know that there were online swapping sites until a week and a half ago! I’ve been part of several swapping groups before but this is different. The site helps organize and rate everyone to help prevent flakers! YEAH! Anyone with at least one successful swap can host their own swap! I am looking forward to that. There isn’t a current handmade card swap, can you believe that?

This swap was called Your Choice, My Choice. The swap partner lists three themes on which you can base an ATC for one of them and the sender gets to choose the theme for the other. I decided to try and rack up bonus points so I sent three!

lingerie ATC
This one was my choice, I used to make custom bras (I still teach and sell kits and patterns) so I have an affinity for pretty lingerie! I shaded the lingerie with a Copic marker but the paper has so much shading, you really can’t see it. I’d love to have tie dyed undies like these! This rhinestone is just like Kaisercraft but from the DOLLAR STORE! YEAH!

asian black ATC

She asked for Asian for one of her themes so I made this. The background stamping is hard to see but it is an Asian character stamp in white ink, looks kind of like a newspaper or magazine page. It looked a bit too stark so I added Antique Linen Distress Stickles to the background. The curved stamped image is actually part of a full circle. I used the rest on a ‘sister’ ATC which is similar but not quite the same. Again hard to see, the Asian coin is attached with a very thin strip of acetate looped through the and held to the ATC with a tiny brad. The stamp is coloured with Copics. In retrospect, I wish I had used RV markers instead of peachy Rs so the flowers were brighter, oh well.

 herbs ATC
This one is kind of a blend. She requested flowers and while this isn’t exactly flowers, it is pretty close. I used SU! markers and huffing technique to make this one. I love purple and green together. The rectangles are 1x1.5” which fit perfectly evenly on the ATC.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Lingerie ATC
Stamps:
I don’t remember lingerie or background stamp
Ink: Memento black, chocolate-SU!
Paper: Basic Grey Porcelain, chocolate CS-SU!
Accessories: rhinestone-Dollarama, Copic marker, rickrack, flower-stash, perfume bottle-Jesse James buttons, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher,  foam dots-Jody Morrow

Asian ATC
Stamps:
Boy, I don’t remember these either!
Ink: Memento black, PTI fresh snow
Paper: black CS, vanilla CS-Taylored Expressions,
Accessories: Copics R00, 11, 21, E71, 77, G21, gold paint pen-Pilot, Distress Stickles, Asian coin-stash, clear CS-PTI, pink brad-stash, Spica clear glitter pen, foam dots-Jody Morrow
Herbs ATC
Stamps:
SU! I think
Ink: antique linen, vintage photo Distress
Paper: vanilla CS-Taylored Expressions, olive CS-SU!. DP-Basic Grey,
Accessories: buttons-Basic Grey, twine-Hemptique, SU! markers

6 comments:

Emma @ emmanemhandmade said...

those are so lovely! I want to try some ATCs on swapbot too but mine probably wouldn't be as spiffy as yours - must practice!

--emmanemhandmade on swapbot

Charlotte said...

I actually love the cherry blossoms that way. Subtle isn't always bad. I really like the cards. Great style.


SaraswatiChB for swapbot

Bubbles said...

swapbot:samash

I would love to receive these if it was me and I hope she did too.

candyn said...

These are really nice. My favorite is the lingerie card. So pretty! Your blog is beautiful! candyn/swapbot

Agnes Sim said...

wow..where u got the coin which got chinese word one? It's cool. ;-)
Like these 2 cards. U really amazing!

Jennifer McLean said...

Ooh, I;m in love with your ATC's. Especially the herbs one. The pears on the post above is also awesome. I am so attracted to these type of drawings, the ones that look like botanical prints. Maybe some day you and I can do a private swap for something like this ATC. Talk to you soon.
THank you for having me peruse your lovely blog. I've not only followed you but added you to my favorites folder.
Jenn
(Jaemac from swapbot)