September 02, 2009

Wedding Favours – Just Another Thing to Keep Me Busy

----{Don’t forget my blog candy!! Be sure to enter by September 14th. Click HERE to see the original post.}---

I offered to make the favours for a wedding coming up. Remember the Thank You cards I made? Same gal. We looked at dozens of choices between PTI templates and ideas in the Resources section at Splitcoast Stampers. Her honey came too, so cute! They decided on the sour cream container at SCS, super simple, limited cutting, limited supplies! The main part only uses one 4.25x5.5” piece of CS! YEAH! So I made them a quick sample out of stuff that was handy but I thought they, and you, might like to see what I came up with using the correct supplies. Due to the shape, it is very hard to photograph well. What else is new? Look carefully and you will see the shimmer right beside the scalloped edge.

sour cream container favour

Cute isn’t  it? Now a couple things will be different on the final ones. First, I need to water set the perfect pearls so not so much rubs off while working with it. I thought VersaMark would set it but I guess not. The initial will become a three-letter monogram, I have ordered a new Just Rite Stamp set for the monogram. The monogram will be embossed; right now it is just stamped with gold ink. About half will have pearl Perfect Pearls and gold ribbon, the rest will be like this one. Although I have inquired about getting white sheer ribbon with gold edges by the spool from a customer of May Arts, I’ll see how that goes, then the ribbon will be the same on all of them. I was going to try and get a scallop at both ends but the punch doesn’t like going through two layers of CS, especially with where the glue goes at the ends, and aligning the scallops while assembling is hard . While testing it out, I accidentally punched the wrong edge; turns out I really like the look, YEAH! The raw edge isn’t so pretty otherwise and with this shape, it is hard to hide it.

One interesting thing I notices while working with SU! white CS for this project. As I worked in the Perfect Pearls (PP), I noticed the leftover powder looked weird. I finally realized that some of the coating on the CS was coming off as I brushed on the PP. I wanted to return the excess to the jar but it was full of coating-Yuck! So I will be using other CS to make these! I don’t think I will be using these roses to decorate the paper either. I need one sheet of CS for 4 favours and I need 180 favours so you do the math! Takes too long to stamp each sheet with roses. I will use a wide Wheel stamp instead.

OK, so I know, you all are wondering what goes inside. The bride has chosen cinnamon hearts. Not my favourite flavour but very cute for a wedding.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Fifth Avenue Floral-SU!, Damask monogram kit-JustRite Stampers
Ink: Versamark, Encore Gold
Paper: white, gold shimmer CS-SU!
Accessories: small circle Nestabilities, 1/16” hole punch-EK Success, gold Perfect Pearls, gold cord, white taffeta ribbon and scallop border punch-SU!

No comments: