September 25, 2009

Gift for Wyatt – Giant Paper Clip Photo Holder

I so enjoyed my time as a Guest Designer at Clear Dollar Stamps that I wanted to thank the Design Team Leader Laurie Wilson. She had a baby just a week or two after my term ended at the end of June so I thought a personalized gift might be nice, especially with a name like Wyatt, she won’t find too many things with his name on them. This was pretty easy to make, I used an unfinished clothes pin and used a three-step crackle on it.  You WYATTstart with the colour you want to see in the cracks, then apply the crackle medium. Then apply the top colour. TIP: Be sure to apply the top coat smoothly and quickly. No matter how bad you think it looks, don’t try to smooth it out after about 30 seconds or you will make a HUGE mess. Ask me how I know and why there is patterned paper over the front of the pin! GRRR!!

The letters are chipboard by Karen Foster and I applied them with Mod Podge Matte Decoupage Medium. The ‘Y’ and the ‘T’ have flocking on them, you can still tell it is raised but not how fuzzy and nice it used to be but I figure if I don’t seal it, it might end up catching dust and then it wouldn’t be nice anymore. I was glad the letters were the right colours; if the first three had all been red, it wouldn’t have looked that good would it?

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
SU! DSP
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories: clothes pin-Oriental Trading Company, Mod Podge, Letters-Karen Foster

No comments: