September 29, 2018

Fall Branches Bouquet

Welcome to another week at Crazy 4 Challenges! With it turning fall here in the Northern Hemisphere, we were asked to make a a fall-themed card. I’d forgotten what the challenge was but when I looked it up, I was like “YAY” as I had been working on a fall card anyway! Fun coincidence!

c4c 18 fall branches

The stamps are from the September Hero Arts kit. I stamped them in Antique Linen Distress ink but added a few stampings to the upper part of the bouquet even though the stems didn’t reach. I just painted them in as I watercoloured the image. The antique linen is so light that it doesn’t interfere with the watercolour plus it also dissolves away with the water because it’s a water reactive ink. The painting of the leaves and berries isn’t that interesting  because they are too small to add much shading.

But the vase, there’s more to talk about. I used a very damp brush to add water to the image. Then I dropped in very concentrated colour on the top, left and bottom. I allowed the paint to move on it’s own with little interference. As it started to dry a bit, I added more and more colour to the left with my board tilted slightly downwards. I loved how the paint was moving so I allowed it to dry completely on it’s own which I rarely do. When I was done, I added stamping over the background, Antique Linen in the middle and a tiny bit of Vintage Photo applied with a foam blender to the sides only. Then I added sponging in the same way with the same colours. Last, I added a warm grey shadow under the vase. I normally would add some sequins or embellishments but I wasn’t sure how I was going to use the card. There’s a high likelihood that I’ll use it for a sympathy card and I don’t bling them up like I do with normal cards.

I hope you are inspired by my card and our challenge this week. The challenge is open until Friday midnight so I hope you will pop on by and play along!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: