September 29, 2018

Pastel Party!

When I saw the inspiration photo for the latest Card Concept Challenge, I knew exactly what stamps and dies to use. I’ve always loved pastels so I pulled out all of my pastel cardstock scraps and my Copics and went to work.

pastel party unicorn

The stamps and dies are by Concord & 9th. They are some of my favourite stamps of all time. I used a Simon Says Stamp cloud stencil on the background with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink. I made a small cloud-shaped shaker filled with white and clear sequins and confetti. I packed it fairly full so you always have a full window of sequins, many of which are iridescent so they reflect a rainbow of colours. But I left just enough room so they still shake around nicely.

pastel party unicorn2

The rainbow dies are unique in that they are individual arcs. This means that you don’t waste paper cutting the colours from the wrong colours as you would if the die was all one piece. I lined them up against a ruler so I’d have a nice straight bottom edge. But the arcs aren’t perfectly semi-circular so if you placed them kinda wonky-ways, they’d look fine that way too. In the top corner I added a Believe in Yourself sentiment.

pastel party unicorn3

The unicorn was coloured with Copics, I used cool greys for the body and a rainbow of pastels for the mane and tail. I have done each section in it’s own colour before but I prefer the blended look I achieved here. To finish the card I added some crystal hearts, clear sparkly sequins and added clear Wink of Stella to the rainbow arcs, the mane, tail and sentiment. You can see the sparkle in the closeup photos.

Thanks for stopping by!

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered in:

The Card Concept #98

pastel party

No comments: