March 24, 2018

Rainbow Unicorn Magical Wishes

I just got these brand new stamps and dies from Concord and 9th! I love that this unicorn is a bit more realistic than the other unicorn stamps I’ve seen. I used hot press watercolour paper and some professional water colours (various brands) to colour the image.

c4c 18 unicorn shaker

The paper has a definite ivory tint so it was a bit hard to match some of the other parts of the card. I used the cloud die included in the set to airbrush the clouds on the background then I die cut the oval from the aqua cardstock (PTI). I would have cut the cloud from white paper but it looked really odd next to the ivory water colour paper. So I used Tim Holtz silver glitter paper instead.

I created my shaker in the usual way placing the oval die cut on the card base to back the window. I made 4 of these cards at once so I made up a huge batch of multicoloured sequins and beads, too many in fact so I have extras to use on future cards! To finish, I added lots of stars, the sentiment and lots of shimmer pen.

Our theme at Crazy 4 Challenges this week was to make a card or project for a kid! These are actually going to adults but seriously, who doesn’t love unicorns with rainbow mane and tail? :) Awesome right? Have fun!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: