December 05, 2014

Sparkle and Shine Vellum Shaker Card

I’ve seen so many cards based on this month’s Simon Says Stamp card kit, it was hard to come up with something original. I think I’ve done a pretty good job.

sparkle and shine shaker

I used the sequins from the kit along with a few other gold and white ones from my stash and I added some chunky gold glitter too. I loved the little heart border so I used it on my vellum shaker. The thread is gold though it’s hard to tell right now. I actually used two layers of vellum then adhered the shaker pocket to the card base. Not sure if that was the best idea because it buckled somewhat even though I held it closed with paperclips. I saw Jennifer McGuire do a similar card (after I made mine) and she sewed one layer of vellum right to the card base. Maybe next time!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Sparkle & Shine-SSS
Ink: Versamark
Paper: both from Kit
Accessories: gold thread?, sequins-kit, Sulyn

1 comment:

Lauren Hayward said...

I love this card! I've never been able to get the sewing right on cards but I do love the effect