December 11, 2014

Shabby Vespa Card

I have always loved this older paper pad , Neopolitan, from American Crafts. I go back to it every so often and fall in love again every time.

vespa shabby card

I’m afraid this picture doesn’t do this card justice. All the colours are muted and when I tried bumping up the saturation, it just looked weird. This was made for Tuesday Morning Sketches 279. I used the vertical center line of the Bingo card, ribbon, embossing and flowers. It was sure tricky making something with the Bingo card AND the sketch!

TMS _279

TMS _279 Bingo

The Vespa is a sticker; to prevent it from sticking to the card base in between the foam dots, I used my powder tool to deactivate the adhesive. I usually, if I remember, add the foam dots BEFORE deactivating the adhesive or the powder can prevent the foam dots from sticking.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
Hero Arts Messages with Flourish
Ink: Versamark, Versacolour Cloud white, Archival potting soil
Paper: American crafts, card base-MFT (? colour name)
Accessories: gold ep, cord-SU!, lace-Fabricland, ribbon-stash, sequins-Sulyn Ind. stickers-American Crafts,

3 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love these soft colours and super cute Vespa. Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! Lovely colors!
Thanks for playing along with us this week with our TMS Bingo challenge!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Now that's precious! I can so relate to the photo trouble - editing software can only do so much! So glad you came to play at TMS & braved the bingo card - your card will be featured on our FB page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl