April 08, 2013

School Magnet Board for Moxie Fab Fall Challenge

I wanted to enter the Fall Home Decor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World but I couldn’t decide what to make. Fall is my least favourite season as far as decor goes and my second least favourite season as far as weather goes; I’m a fair weather lover. So a school themed project seemed perfect! Be sure to visit and play along.

school magnet board

The base is a plaque which I painted black on the edges and covered with the black DP. The metallic part which hte magnets stick to is under the lighter DP. I wasn't sure how to cover it up but it was pretty ugly metal so it needed some kind of covering. I might have painted it but I wasn’t sure my paint would stick since it wasn’t specially formulated for metal and wasn’t the new MS paint for any surface. It all came as a kit from my favourite cheap online store, ScrapbookSteals.com and included a stand in case you want to table mount it.

I will eventually cover or paint the magnets, I was just short on inspiration tonight. I added my children’s initials to the top so I can use this for school photos or inspirational back-to-school messages. That button isn’t orange, no idea why it looks that way!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Ink:
Vintage Photo Distress
Paper: black CS-SU!, DP-Graphic 45
Accessories: red baker’s twine-Masterstroke ribbon, buttons-PTI, SU!, other twine-PTI, Glossy Accents-Ranger

No comments: