April 01, 2013

Graphic Masculine Card for Sweet Sketch Wednesday

This card is so different from what I usually make but it suits the person it was made for very well.

jordan baptism card

This is a congratulation card for a young man in my congregation. He was recently baptized and I find it so hard to make cards for young guys especially when I don’t know what they are really into! I asked my son and he likes dark purple and sports so this was the best I could do. An actual sports theme just wouldn’t be appropriate for a spiritual card.

Sweet Sketch wed 199

I used Sweet Sketch Wednesday for this. Click on the sketch to visit the site. It’s my first time participating in this one so I’ll have to see how it goes! Wish me well!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
WMS
Ink: Archival black-Ranger
Paper: pumpkin pie CS-SU!, DP-DCWV
Accessories: ribbon-stash, buckle, ticket corner punch-SU!, pinking shears, foam dots-Jody Morrow

4 comments:

mulberry station said...

This is just perfect for a guy card. I love the buckle effect you have used. Nice job!
Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Heide said...

Super card, love how you used words instead of an image. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Simple and sweet! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

Oh I love that buckle! What a terrific treatment with the sentiment and so perfect for a guy card. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Sharon SSW DT