December 01, 2008

Swirl Thank You Card

Thisswirl thank you is the last card (so far) for my gift for my sister's roommate. I would like to end up with 12 cards total (2 of each of three so far) but I want to make them fancy so I am still searching for ideas. So far, I am happy with the results but I  continue to struggle to make them as fancy as some of the cards made by my favourite bloggers.  I am waiting for my Nestabilities to  arrive, seems the eBay seller goofed and sent them to the wrong address, GRRRR!

This is a gatefold card. I used 5.5 x 8.5" card scored at 2 1/8" on both sides. The overall card still measures 4.25x5.5" closed. The background paper is retired Designer Series Paper (DSP). I used the directions HERE to cut the celery scalloped frame for the main image. The next layer is striped DSP. The focal image is 'thank you' stamped in perfect plum on vanilla CS. The swirl is stamped in pale plum with a Perfect Medium pen on the dots which were then dusted with purple Perfect  Pearls. It is hard to see but gives the card a soft pearlescent look. The Perfect Medium has a fixative in it that keeps the Pearl Ex on the paper without a sealer. The corners of the vanilla panel have perfect plum and celery eyelets. I think I may go back and add a ribbon under the celery panel and tie it at the side of the card. Let me know what you think in the comments.

Recipe
Paper:
Pale plum CS, celery CS, vanilla CS, Designer Series Paper-retired
Stamp Sets: Sincere Salutations, Carte Postal
Ink: perfect plum, pale plum
Accessories: Scallop Punch, perfect plum and celery eyelets

No comments: