December 27, 2008

Hero Arts Sketch Contest - Snowflakes

I WANT to WIN! The Hero Arts Contest has a $50 prize! Cool! I am starting to love doing challenges, especially ones that may result in candy - I have such a sweet tooth! {{{LOL}}} You can see the Hero Arts Sketch here. I also included a Limited Supplies Challenge for Splitcoast Stampers LSC 197 - Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow. The rules were to make the card monochromatic, use glitter or bling and snowflakes, not snowballs, snowforts, snowdrifts or snowpeople! ONLY snowflakes. Alrighty then! Snowflakes it is!

let it snow1
let it snow closeupcorner The snow swirls are embossed with white, blue and iridescent ice embossing powders (EP). The snowflakes with white and iridescent ice; the letters with silver and iridescent ice. then I added stickles to the middle of every snowflake and to all 6 points of each larger snowflake. Both the circles and scalloped circles were cut with Nestabilities. I love that you can actually see the sparkles from the glitter in the snowflake card closeup circle lettering (click to enlarge if need be) and even in the swirls! The circles were harder to photograph for some reason and didn't show the glitter {{sigh}}. The brocade blue cardstock is also stamped with a snow swirl and snowflakes using Versamark ink for a subtle pattern. I wish I had edged the card base and brocade blue panel with a silver paint pen, oh well, it would be too hard to take apart now. Off I go to enter! Wish me well...

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE:
Stamps: All Decked Out and Chocolate alphabet by CTMH
Paper: whisper white, night of navy, brocade blue CS
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: silver, white, blue, iridescent ice EPs in various combinations, silver ribbon, foam dots. All products SU! unless otherwise noted.

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

Love that embossing!