August 07, 2018

Mountain Landscape Sympathy

I’ve been getting into more and more watercolouring lately. I took some classes about 20 years ago but I was never very good. ;) But with it getting so popular and now that we have YouTube, it’s easier than ever to learn how to watercolour!

c4c 18 mountains

So I won’t pretend that this is a masterpiece but since I have no mountain stamps or dies and this week’s challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges was to make a card with a mountain on it, I had to figure something out! I followed a tutorial, step by step, until I had a decent panel. It’s my first try so I’m pretty happy with it. I used my new Silver Brush Company Silver Velvet brush and I can’t even describe how much I love it! It’s a size 8 but the tip is about the same as a size 1! Amazing right? It means that you don’t have to change brushes for some details. It also holds a TON of water! I had no idea how much easier it would be to paint with a brush that holds so much water! If you’ve been hesitating to buy one (or more!!), GO. NOW!!

Have some mountains? Come on over and play with our challenge at C4C!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: