April 14, 2018

Mom, Love You More Than Coffee

I love the smell of coffee even though I don’t drink it. My mom never drank it when I was a kid and my dad only drank it when he was at work. So I’d only wake up to the smell of coffee when my grandparents were visiting. It’s one of the best smell memories of my childhood!

c4c 18 mom coffee

So when I saw our challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges was to be inspired by, you guessed it, coffee!!! I made the coffee cup with paper piecing and layered die cuts to make it more like a chipboard embellishment. I even carefully trimmed out the cup itself, the small rim and handle is all you can see, and layered it up a bit more so it’s higher than the saucer and the coffee is a couple of layers lower. It’s a small thing but adds some fun texture while keeping the card fairly flat. Even with the small flowers, the card will still mail with standard postage. That’s always a bonus!

The stamps are by Neat & Tangled, don’t you love the sentiment? So cute right? I added the Mom die cut and some tiny stamped hearts just to add a little something extra. The gorgeous paper is by Prima, it’s one of my faves. I kind of wish I’d added some messy thread under the cup but oh well!

I hope you love coffee-themed crafting as much as I do! So join us over at C4C and link up your project!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: