March 26, 2017

Layered Violette Card

It’s been a while since I made a truly shabby card dripping with mixed media and vintage-y goodness. So I took some time between design team gigs to make this fun card using a new-to-me JustRite stamp set.

layered violette card

To start, I used a palette knife to spread three colours of paint on the background. Then I mixed up some custom modeling paste with a dye reinker applying it with a Tim Holtz stencil. When that was dry, I added more stenciling, the letters, with just normal paste then applied gold embossing powder and heat set it. It will bubble a lot but in the end it looks really dimensional and interesting. If you want a smoother result, let the paste dry on its own, then heat set the powder.

layered violette card2

Then I started to layer all kinds of fun bits and bobs. The colouring (Prismacolor) was already done another day so I just had to die cut the Voilette panel and add some glass glitter to the edges. It took a while to decide where everything was going to go, I kept adding more then laying the panel on top, then I would take it off and level all the layers out with pieces of fun foam.

layered violette card3

To finish this card off, I added some brads, flowers and ribbon. I especially love how the metallic and glitter washi tapes look peeking out here and there. The gold straw is also a favourite. I took a blue and white flowered straw and painted it with gold leafing paint!

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered In:

Simon Says Monday Challenge-Layer It

2 comments:

TLady said...

This is SO PRETTY, Rebecca! I LOVE the vintage style of this & the purple is just PRETTY!!! I ALSO LOVE Gold on projects, it just gives a touch of elegance! SO PRETTY!!!! Thank you for coming over to comment on my blog! I so appreciate it! ;)

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Rebecca!