October 08, 2016

Girls Rock Card–A Colour Challenge

Here’s our challenge for this week. "Color wheel mix up... find your favorite 2 colors on the wheel and use the 2 colors on the opposite side of the wheel …. this will challenge you to maybe use colors you would usually shy away from."

So I looked up a couple of colour wheels. And surprise, surprise! My favourite two colours, pink and blue-green are opposite each other! What??

RGV_color_wheel_1908

untitled

I was happy and surprised. I thought with pink being a lighter shade of pink, that green would be the other colour. But both of these wheels show blue across from the red and blue-green across from the pink. Maybe these are alternate colour wheels? But I wanted a wheel with more colours on it and this is what I got in the search. If any of you know why there are two very different colour wheels, please let me know in the comments!

girls rule

I toyed with the idea of making a card with some colours I don’t use often which was the conclusion of the challenge but I thought about it and said, “Nah!” I love pink and aqua together so go for it!The papers including the two focal squares are all from a MME paper pad and the other elements are all from Crate Paper by Maggie Holmes except the wood veneer, clothespin and the rose. I added lots of shimmer to the card using a Mr. Huey’s spray mist. It looks like the card is out of focus but it’s the shimmer.

This is one of the most unusual challenges we’ve had! And while I ended up using colours I use normally, it was fun to look up different  colour wheels and use a type I didn’t even know about. I hope you have time to play along this week. We all love to see more participants than the week before! It really stretches your creativity to try something new so pop on over to the Crazy 4 Challenges blog today!

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered in: Mojo Monday468

mojo468

3 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how beautiful! Love those fun layered elements. So glad you could join us for Mojo Monday!

Peanutsmommy7 said...

Oh my goodness I love this card so much. What a creative way to add layers and make it pop. You do great work! Peanutsmommy7 from Swap-bot Swap Follow my Blog

Cherylann said...

I love your work wildchild/swapbot