March 15, 2014

Good Health for Unscripted Sketches

I had to think really hard about this sketch because, as you know, I like to go outside the box. I was thinking about going with pinked-edge squares and doing a quilt theme but it didn’t suit me this time.

RebeccaEdnie248

But I am really into using my homemade texture paste! And I love colouring it! This time I used Copic ink either G21 or 24, I don’t remember which. It takes more than you’d think to get a decent amount of colour since the colours are soft. I tried making the butterfly yellow but didn't like it so coloured over it with a gold paint marker. Perfect! I just picked a random sentiment but turns out a friend is sick so it was a great choice.

248

I hope you will play along with us this week at Unscripted Sketches! If you have lots of scraps, this is definitely the week to play. You can definitely add two squares or more together to show off more of a favourite paper or maybe add something else in a block like ribbon or a piece of fabric. Leaving a block empty near the edge makes for a cool look too! Can’t wait to see you there!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Healing Touch Sentiments-PTI
Ink: Copic ink, Scarlet Jewel-PTI, Olive-SU!, Antique Linen Distress
Paper: kraft, white, moss, scarlet jewel CS-PTI
Accessories: butterfly, stencil-Studio Calico, foam dots-Sticky Stuff Store, flower, leaves die-Sizzix, flourish die-(don’t remember), hex die (used to cut banner tip)-Lifestyle Crafts, mother of pearl button-ebay, silk ribbon (button center)-May Arts

1 comment:

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is GORGOEUS!!! And I LOVE what you are doing for the upcoming challenge, WONDERFUL, love it to bits, infact I WANT it!! LOL