February 09, 2014

Music and Roses Necklace

I’ve been making more and more jewelry lately but dang it is it hard to photograph with out some sort of stand! Especially necklaces. Earrings are pretty easy but not necklaces! I FINALLY got a stand so yeah! This one is my favourite because it goes with pretty much anything!

music and roses

This one is actually a little bit crafty! I added vintage music paper to the back of the Swarovski flat backed baroque pendant (not all are flat on the back) with Glue and Seal then sealed the sides and back with the same. You can see how the facets reflect the light in the picture. I finally managed to take a good sharp picture that shows sparkle! I was starting to wonder where my photography skills had gone!

I hope you like it!

Enjoy, Rebecca

Pendant, 6mm gold pearls-Swarovski, champagne rondelles-Znetshows, roses-local bead store, wire-bronze 24g artistic wire, bronze 6mm, 20g ID jump ring, 8mmlobster clasp

Technique Used: wire wrapped and linked beads (to learn try Fire Mountain Beads or Artbeads or YouTube), dont know that I’ve ever seen instructions for the gluing technique, email me if you’d like a further explanation

3 comments:

Donetta said...

Ah, so lovely! Your necklace is classic and elegant.

Donetta said...

Ah, so lovely! Your necklace is classic and elegant.

Michelle said...

What a treasure! This necklace is beautiful. It's bound to be an heirloom piece for many generations.