January 03, 2014

Thankful for Your Friendship

I love colouring but to be honest, I haven’t been doing that much lately! I don’t really even know why. I guess it’s just the wax and wane of interest we all get sometimes. But when I coloured and paper pieced this one, I really had fun!

mailbox friendship

I’m pretty sure  I used a Mojo Monday or some other sketch challenge that I missed posting in time. I am soooo bad for that! These supplies are from one of the SSS kits I got. Don’t remember which one. For the first 4 or so I could keep them straight. After that, no way! I love this heart banner die, so sweet! But very delicate; it has to be handled so gently or you lose the pretty curve.

I learned a lot in my Copic Intermediate Copic class I took in the fall. It was amazing! I coloured this soon after. Fortunately, my favourite skin colour combo was one of the recommended ones for young skin so I used it here knowing it works well for images like this.

It’s a bit hard to see against the polka dotted paper but I used one of my favourite techniques on this, Outside the “Box” (tutorial on SCS). I love the result but HATE doing it. I am always chopping off a piece of paper I shouldn’t. You can see that the girl’s head, the bird and the ground are all outside the die cut circle. I looked for a paper in the kit that was a bit more solid so it would show up better but none worked better than this one.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
girl-MFT, sentiment-SSS
Ink: archiva black-Ranger, Memento black
Paper: ?? SSS kit
Accessories: heart banner die-SSS, circle dies-Nesties

No comments: