May 25, 2013

Teddy’s First Scrapbook Pages!

I’ve been so overwhelmed with taking care of my autistic son and getting him the help that he needs that I’ve not done a single scrapbook page of my baby until National Scrapbooking Day! Then I finally managed to get a two page spread done which entered me in a few Studio Calico challenges to boot!

teddy newborn layout left side

This is the left side of the spread. Please click on it to enlarge it. The colour of the ‘precious’ is off, it’s a transparency over a piece of PTI melon berry cardstock but it looks icky brown here, eww. and the lace isn’t crooked. The page was leaning up against my backdrop and bowed a bit which made it look a bit warped in the center. Sorry! I promise it is my usual meticulously straight. Well, unless something is deliberately NOT meticulously straight! Ha! Like the patterned papers peeking out from under the photo. Thanks to Maggie Holmes’ video showing her process for the inspiration. I’ve always admired her designs and it was awesome to see her work!

teddy newborn layout left side2

I’ve since added our hospital bracelets to the pocket on the page. In this photo it only holds the tape measure they used to measure him right after he was born. The nurse makes a tiny tear in it at the head circumference and the length, writes on the weight and gives it to the mom to keep. Ours is now all safe in this cute little pocket! This page was entered in ‘Use something transparent’, ‘Use a pocket’, ‘Use 5 or more patterned papers’, Mixed Media’ challenges.

teddy newborn layout right side

In this one, you might notice that my older son is in the delivery room! Yep, he was there for both of his brothers being born at 6 and almost 11 years old. He did really well and I was so glad we decided to do it that way; incredible experiences he will never forget. This one was entered in ‘Use buttons’, ‘Use transparencies’, ‘Use ribbon’ and ‘Mixed Media’ challenges.

teddy newborn layout right side 2

teddy newborn layout right side 3

I’m really proud of these so I hope you enjoyed them!

Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
CTMH
Paper: melon berry CS-PTI, DP-Webster’s Pages New Beginnings, DP-American Crafts, vintage music paper, shipping tag-stash
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Antique Linen (blended)
Accessories: crocheted flower-handmade by me!, pocket-Webster’s Pages, lace, silk flower, mother of pearl buttons, doily-stash, Tiny Attacher-Ranger, transparencies- , quote- , Boss lady mist, wood veneer-Studio Calico, twine-PTI, hug snug seam binding, metal embellishments-Making Memories, pearl brad-Recollections, foam tape-Jody Morrow, heart chipboard-Maya Road, Liquid Pearls, sepia pen-Micron

No comments: