June 15, 2010

Stargazer Lily? for Doodle Pantry

I absolutely love this type of lily. I actually grew a lily like this one but it was called a Muscadet Lily. I think the one that is almost all pink is a Stargazer and the one I coloured is more like a Muscadet but I am really not sure. And since most people know the name Stargazer, that is how I decided to title it. Either way, it is a GORGEOUS flower!

stargazer lily

Just so you know, Laurie drew this and called it ‘Easter Lily’ so if you like this image and want to buy it, you should look for it under that name. Isn’t it so lovely? I think if you coloured it differently, maybe yellow or white with a yellow center, it would make a great sympathy card. There are so many possibilities!

Make sure you sign up for NEWSLETTERS from Doodle Pantry! You get a freebie each month available ONLY to subscribers and later it will end up in the store where you will have to buy it! So sign up soon! Doodle Pantry NEWSLETTER SIGN UP A visit to the store is a great idea anyway, be sure to pick up the store freebie while you are there!

stargazer lily closeup

I tried so hard to get a good picture of this card but it just doesn’t do it justice. I even messed around with it in my editing program and YUCK! It is much more springy and bright in person. {{SIGH}} I did think that showing you my inspiration photo might be interesting. Although I looked at these lilies every day in my garden for weeks, it was three or four years ago and this helped so much. Pretty close dontcha think?? I used Sweet Sketch 46 by Arlana Patten.

I printed two copies of this flower so I could paper tole it. I coloured the flower and bud only on one copy and cut them out. then I coloured the flower and bud only very basically, no shading and just around the edge but took my time colouring the leaves properly. Then I added the flower and bud with foam dots to give it some dimension. The bud was only popped at one end so it connected with the stem at one end. Much more realistic.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Image:
Easter Lily by Doodle Pantry
Paper: pale green CS-Bazzil, green DP, melon mambo CS-SU!, white circle-tracing paper (similar to vellum), white CS-Taylored Expressions
Accessories: pearls-Dollarama, foam dots-Jody Morrow, ribbon-May Arts, tag die-Spellbinders, Cuttlebug embossing folder, circle and oval Nestabilities, Copic markers: RV000,02,19,29, YR04, E08, YG03,63,67, G85, blender

2 comments:

CarlaKH said...

gorgeous! Love the details!

Lisa Lara said...

Rebecca, your coloring is exact. Wow. So beautiful.