April 14, 2010

Guitar Boy for Whimsical Wednesdays

I have to thank Marie from The Greeting Farm so much for this fabulous image, I had SOOOO much FUN!! colouring it! Took me quite a while but I really enjoyed it. Funny thing, I had no idea they had images like this one! But you aren’t going to believe what I did! I didn’t use a TGF image last week so I knew I wanted to use one this week. I got into the colouring and started putting my card together COMPETELY forgetting to use this week’s sketch too! So sorry! I just don’t have time to do another! I’ve never goofed like that before.

guitar boy
Isn’t he great? I loved colouring the jeans especially. I used B91 for the base, it is covered over everywhere but the knees to make them look worn.  Also B 93, 95, 97. If you click to enlarge, you will see I added dirt to his shoes and Spica pen to the guitar and amp dials and tuner thingies. I coloured the cord with a pen because it was too thin for marker colouring. Hubby chose the colour for the guitar, he used to play base in a band so I figured he would know!

clip_image002

The x’s in the center of the stars are Tiny Attacher staples. Jameson approved the punched border by declaring it ‘funky’! The sketch is Inktegrity’s Hump Day Inspiration #6. Sorry Jack! I know it looks a bit off balance right now. Not knowing when I will use this card or to whom I will give it, I left space for a sentiment. I have quite a few in my stash now that I’ve been buying masculine sets as DS gets older.

Please visit all of the DareDevil’s blogs to see how they actually interpreted the REAL sketch! I still can’t believe I did that!! I am looking forward to seeing all of their work since I’m sure they did the right sketch! If you played last week, be sure to check out the Whimsical Wednesdays blog to see if you won the prize generously provided by TGF!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
TGF
Ink: printer
Paper: ivory CS-Taylored Expressions, black CS-SU!, the boyfriend DP-Cosmo Cricket
Accessories: Sizzix star die, tiny attacher staples, foam dots-Jody Morrow, wave punch-EK Success, Copic Markers-G21, 24, 28, W00, 01, Black 100, Blender 0, C1, 3, 5, 7, E00, 04, 11, 21, 31, 33, 35, 43, 47, B41, 45, 91, 93, 95, 97, R27,29, BG 10, Y21 Copic black Multiliner, Spica pen-clear

6 comments:

Andrea Murdock said...

this card is uber cool, perfect handmade card for a teen boy xoxo

Sara Henton said...

BECCA!! this came out awesome!! And your coloring is divine.

kris said...

Superstar!! wow!! awesome coloring and i love the stars on this... Fab take on the sketch!! =D

Cassie said...

wow!wow!wow!
this is great - love the coloring and the stars!

Kim R. said...

This turned out great!! This is a perfect boy card. Great job!!

Welcome! said...

Love this card!!! Its just perfect for a teen! Great colouring!