Spring is here! Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, I am posting ahead so I hope today was gorgeous too! I was inspired by a card by Jennifer McGuire on her blog recently. I like hers better than mine but oh well, it is cute. I have heard that transparencies do not make the best cards because they are too thin so I thought this acetate sheet would be great. Unfortunately, it is too thick to score easily and a bit hard to work with, also it is 5x7 so not an idea card maker’s size. It absolutely would not stay flat while I was working with it and even mini binder clips struggled to hold it closed. I have to get some clear cardstock next time. It was also hard to photograph! Because I folded it unevenly(short in the front), it cannot stand on it’s own. The overall measurement is 4x5” but the front panel is only 3x5”. All elements are double-sided, the squares all have another one on the back and the flower does also. The front flower is adhered with the brad through the card, the back one has a brad through it as well but it only goes into the flower, not the card; I used glue dots to adhere it. To keep the flower petals aligned, I glued the outer petals to each other. TIP: I have noticed while punching, the border guide on some punches isn’t perfect and your scallops will have little jinks in them. So, when punching the border pieces, punch them together with right sides out. That way, if your punching isn’t perfect, the tiny little imperfections will match. I normally trim any uneven areas with scissors, do this to both pieces at once too! I still have to add a panel inside to write on and a matching panel on the very back unless I use a paint pen or permanent marker for the message. Hmmm, maybe a silver or gold paint pen…
Paper: DSP and pink pirouette, pretty in pink CS-SU!
Ink: pretty in pink
Accessories: flower punch-SU!, brads-Oriental Trading Co., rickrack-UK, Crop-a-dile, acetate sheet