March 16, 2009

Porcelain Card and Scrapling-Twinkling Tuesday

I super **LOVE** this paper! I didn't want to waste ANY so I cut the center out of the panel used on this card and used it to punch the flowers on the scrapling! I can't remember the last time I bothered to do that! The whole paper pack is just gorgeous! I zigzag porcelainhaven't made a scrapling before. For those who are not familiar  with scraplings, they are made from the excess paper leftover porcelain scraplingwhen you cut a 4.25" square card from a half sheet of cardstock. I  think a lot of people precut their cardstock into 8.5x5.5" sheets in preparation for making cards. Cut that down to 4.25" square (when folded), and you have a 4.25x1.25" bit left. Someone decided to use that as a mini card or tag! Clever! I personally do not precut my cardstock but I happened to have a pre cut and scored card in my cardstock file. Guess it was a leftover from a class or I changed my mind at some point. I cut off the strip to make  a square card and got the idea for the scrapling. I think it makes for a cute set. The buttons are a pale celery colour, they washed out a bit in the photograph. If you look carefully, you can see a yellow wash floated in around the flower.

The challenge last week was a sketch by Jack! (I goofed and did this week's challenge last week so I am catching up. Click HERE to see the colour challenge project I did that was scheduled for today.) His sister is the one who usually does the sketch but little clip_image002brother Jack decided to try his hand at inspiring the Twinkle Team. Great sketch Jack. The very specific paper piecing element apparently comes from Jack's love of the piercing tool. I guess boys love pokey things :) I started out by using my Ornare piercing template but it looked stupid because the panel is too small for the design and I could only pierce part of it-looked goofy. So I redid it with my SU! piercing template and liked it much better.

If you'd like to play, please upload to your blog, or PCP or SCS using MTTSC13. Visit Madelynn's blog and leave a link to your creation. Don't forget to visit the TT's blogs to see their take on this week's challenge!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
SU!
Ink: pink pirouette, pretty in pink, regal rose, old olive, celery, saffron (all used for watercolouring), celery, close to cocoa for distressing, Stazon brown
Paper: Basic Grey Porcelain pack, vanilla, cocoa and celery CS
Accessories: buttons- , ribbon-white taffeta, Copics RV10, R21 blended to dye ribbon, Spica clear pen, Mettler thread, watercolour brush, Cuttlebug dots embossing folder, flower punch-EK Success, 1/16" hole punch, cocoa marker, tool kit, ivory ribbon, slot punch (hidden under vanilla layer), Crop-a-dile
Techniques:  Copic ribbon dying, scrapling, watercolouring, sewing. Products not otherwise listed by SU!

10 comments:

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Awesome job!

Erica said...

WHOW, Rebecca...have you been busy or what!!?? All of your creations are beautiful today. The tip on sewing buttons is Uber cool. I'd never thought of sewing directly on a length of ribbon. I'm properly re-subscribed and thankfully so.

Erica

Bonnie said...

So pretty! I thought maybe you had hijacked the colour challenge too! Your card are always so beautiful, I love coming here to see your creations!

Kimmie said...

That paper is truly delish! Beautiful job!

Cassie said...

This is so pretty Rebecca!! I don't blame you for wanting to put every scrap to good use!!

Heather Schlatter said...

You did a great job on both weeks challenges Rebecca!!

Heather

Joan Fricker said...

Rebecca, another beautiful card!
I love the colors and everything you have done with it. Great job!

Joan

Sandra MacLean said...

Hehehe! I didn't notice the goof up until this week Rebecca! Great job on the sketch. I just bought myself some of this patterned paper today and I will be using EVERY SQUARE INCH of it! It's just too pretty to waste!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love your card! I am waiting for my Porcelain paper to arrive -- I agree, it is SOOO pretty! I have never heard of a scrapling before - but what a great idea -- I just may have to try one tonight!!! Thanks!!! I love doing little projects like that -- it sounds fun!!!

Darla said...

Great job on the card and bookmark Rebecca! Love that paper too. I have very creative uses for scraps of paper. I don't like to waste paper! I've been making "quilt cards" using squares punched out of small pieces of leftover decorative paper. Makes a cute patchwork quilt type card. Anyway...beautiful creations!