March 23, 2009

Manly Thank You for Twinkling Tuesday

We had a great party last night for our congregation. So many people helped out and since I really didn't (I made food but nothing else), I wanted to say thanks to all who did. I mean, honestly, I have a box of cards and don't send many; isn't mttsc15 man thank youthat silly? So I got a list from the organizer, a lovely lady who is a friend of mine, and one of the thankees is a single guy-EEEEK! No flowers or ribbon or pink-I'm  lost! So I got out my standard 'man paper', used 9 y.o. Brittany's wonderful sketch and killed two birds with one stone so to speak! I really like this sketch! So simple and easy with lots of design possibilities. I couldn't use scallops for the chocolate layer so I cut a plain circle and used my postage stamp scissors on it. I have clip_image002no idea how long it has been since I used those but the effect is interesting and totally manly; reminds me of a gear! I just wish the blades were switched. Most right-handed people cut with the scissors to the right of a shape. I had to cut to the left to get the pattern this way. Otherwise it would have been scallops with a straight area between each KWIM? One other small thing, I used a dark brown Copic to dull the extremely shiny copper brads, they were practically mirrors!

As I mentioned, this week's sketch was designed by 9 year old Brittany Cunningham.  Her mom Cathy is a follower of the TT blog.  Cathy's blog is http://cathy-cunningham.blogspot.com. I hope you will visit her blog and say hi! If you want to play along, we'd be happy to have you. Link your creations from your blog, PCP or SCS (keyword MTTSC15) to Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays blog.

My son, Jameson's turn is next week-YEAH! I'm not sure what kind of challenge he wants to do. Every time I mention a sketch he gets frustrated because his sketches are more appropriate for scrapbook pages. I don't want to see him frustrated but at the same time, I don't want to help him too much because I want it to really be his work. Somehow we will make it happen. Maybe an inspiration or colour challenge.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
swirly leaves wheel-SU!, sentiment-H & M stamps
Paper: bordering blue, artichoke, burgundy, confetti ivory, patterned paper-all SU!
Ink: chocolate chip, old olive-SU!, Adirondack black
Accessories: brads-Oriental Trading Co., Fiskars scissors, Nestabilities, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Crop-a-dile, dark brown Copic

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect masculine thank you!! Fabulous colours that they are sure to love!! I don't send my cards out either Rebecca.....I am waaaay too intimidated. I would rather sell them under my alias!!

Danni said...

Such a great masculine card!! Great job! Can't wait to see what your son comes up with next week!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome!!!!

Janna said...

THis is terrific Rebecca!! I love the masucline paper and the great colors! The brads in the coroner are great! You are right it does look like a gear! I think he will really like it! I can hardly wait to see what Jameson comes up with. I am sure it will be great!

Smiles,
janna

Sandra MacLean said...

Cutting in a circle with decorative scissors is hard - without having to do it with your left hand!! Kudo's to you Rebecca! That's amazing! And I just love this manly card - the colors are very soothing actually.

Cassie said...

oh my gosh - you totally rocked this masculine card!! they are such a challenge but you nailed it! love those square brads!!

can't wait for jameson's week next! It would be kinda fun to take a SB sketch and try to make a card out of it!

Heather said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love the brads! Great job!

Heather Schlatter said...

You did a great job on this Rebecca!!

Man cards are always so hard to do and you did a great job on this using the sketch.

Heather