July 01, 2018

Party Balloons!

This week at Crazy 4 Challenges, we were asked to try out the Eclipse Technique. I did another card with this technique recently so I’ll have to post it soon.

c4c 18 party eclipse technique

Basically the technique requires you to cut a word or shape out of a background then add foam tape and add the die cut back into the spot from which it was cut. The background can be stamped, painted, printed (like patterned paper) or in my case, die cut! I cut a bunch of balloons all in white then added them to the card. The paper I used was not too thick so the die would cut through both layers. The balloons are by MFT, the confetti by PTI and the party from Winnie and Walter. I added Copic marker colouring to the balloon areas of the word die cut to make the word stand out more; all white would have been pretty boring right?!

So this card could be used for a male or female, I used only a bit of pink and purple for the die cuts and none for the sequins. I added a couple of strips of paper along the edges for another pop of colour. I rarely add a full sheet of paper when I do a layer. If just two edges show, I add strips of paper. If I want a layer that shows all around, I often cut the center out so I can save that bit for die cutting. I don’t do this on small layers but it does save money in the long run.

I hope you can come up with a cool design using the eclipse technique! Please join us over at the blog!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: