February 03, 2018

Doesn’t Everyone Like Hearts?

Hearts! That’s our theme for this week at Crazy 4 Challenges! I’ve always loved hearts so this was a pretty easy challenge! I even ended up making two cards because I was having so much fun with the challenge and the Simon Says Stamp card kit from November.

c4c 18 heart love card (2)

The first card uses the stunning embossed paper included in the kit. Oh my, this stuff is so gorgeous! (I really wish it showed up better here. But you can click on the photo to see it larger.) I’ve been hoarding it trying to think of a good way to showcase it. I wanted to die cut it but that might have squashed the embossing. So I just traced a Hero Arts heart die cut and cut it out by hand. The background was stamped with a woodgrain stamp but I wanted more contrast so I added lots of Copic airbrushing. When I was finished, the woodgrain stamping still showed up. But now, I can’t see it at all. Maybe the Copic ink reacted somehow with the chalk ink, I’ve no idea! I still like how it looks though. A couple of stickers from the kit, some messy thread and sequins and I was done!

heart and home card final

This card again uses a lot of items from the kit. The house and tree are stickers. The sign in the corner is from one of the papers with lots of squares meant to be cut apart. Each square has a different quote or sentiment and different backgrounds and accents. At least I think the are meant to be used separately, that’s always the way I use them. I even call them ‘cut-apart’ sheets! I added the hand-cut hills, twine, lace and the woodgrain paper. When you get a kit, do you usually use just the kit contents or do you add additional items? I almost never stick to just the kit contents but they are a great starting point.

The house and tree have fun foam behind them and so does the front hill. But I just added a BIG blob of Multi Medium matte underneath and very gently placed them down so the height was maintained. So very much easier than cutting a tiny foam square.

I hope you can play along with our challenge this week! Hearts are pretty easy so I hope lots of you head on over to C4C!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: