December 10, 2017

Winter Coffee Lovers Bloghop!

Today I have a card that does double duty! It’s my Coffee Lovers bloghop card AND it’s my Crazy 4 Challenges card. The last challenge of the year as we break for the holidays.

winter 2017 coffee lovers-hop-square-with-dates

Our Crazy 4 Challenges theme was to use a previous 2017 sketch. I was super happy because sketches are my favourite! I chose the one from May which worked perfectly with the coffee cup I decided to use.

c4c coffee last sketch

The paper is by Bo Bunny from a year or two ago. I pulled out an older Simon Says Stamp kit (do you guys use your kits up right away? I never do) but decided to go with a new coffee set rather than the one that came with the kit. The stamps are by Neat & Tangled, the Perfect Blend stamps and dies, which are on sale right now. If you like them get them soon as they are retiring.

The background was already stunning but I decided to add some stenciled Nuvo glitter paste swirls. The green/aqua iridescence is very prominent in this paste. It wasn’t looking quite as amazing at the top as it did at the bottom. So, Copic to the rescue!  I added some purple marker over the glitter paste, using the side of the brush tip, which made the glitter match the paper much better. The stencil is by Echo Park and the die cut under the coffee cup is the Quinn Flourish by Memory box. I’m noticing this really needs some more sparkle (can you ever have too much??) so I will add some sequins and maybe some shimmer spray.

Enjoy, Rebecca

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! LOVE that paper and love you added the sparkle swirls and i think the purple is also quite awesome!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful background with those wonderful colors.

New Creations said...

Love the addition of sparkly swirls and such a beautiful creation!

~amy~ said...

How pretty, that Bo Bunny paper is wow! Great colors.

Billie A said...

pretty card and colors.

MariLynn said...

love the colors on your background Such an elegant looking card.

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is beautiful!