February 07, 2017

Winter Kids Card

It’s time for another challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges! One of our member’s daughter is graduating from Vet Tech school so she asked us to make a card with animals on it.

c4c winter seal

I stamped these images on Bristol smooth cardstock. The girl is a separate stamp so I drew in more of the snowy hills and snow dots so she joined the scene. Each part of the image was coloured using my Gansai Tambi water colours. When I painted the sky, I went right over the snow dots. Later I filled them in with a white gel pen. It’s so much easier to do it this way than to try painting around them. I could have used masking fluid but this takes less time because you don’t have to wait for the fluid to dry.

The one kid is coloured with a darker complexion and I just read on Sandy Allnock’s blog that this is Black History Month so she is encouraging us to all colour some people images with different complexions. You can tag images on Instagram with #dailydiversity.

I hope to see your critter card uploaded to the C4C blog. It’s a fun theme and so easy! See you there!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: